Find a specialty clinic near you
Frequently asked questions
Who is SportVisTM for?
- SportVisTM is a treatment option to relieve pain and facilitate recovery in patients who have suffered a tendon or ligament injury, such as chronic tennis elbow or a sprained ankle.
What is a tendon or ligament injury?
- A tendon or ligament injury is characterized by different levels of tearing of the tendon or ligament tissue. It can be induced by either repetitive use or a specific incident. Tennis elbow is an example of a tendon injury, whereas a sprained ankle is an example of a ligament injury.
What is SportVisTM?
- SportVisTM is intended to relieve pain and restore function in damaged tendons and ligaments. It contains SOFT TISSUE ADAPTED BIOCOMPATIBLE HYALURONIC ACID (STABHATM), which is injected into the soft tissue surrounding damaged tendons and ligaments by a doctor trained in the specific injection technique. It works with the body’s natural healing process to facilitate recovery and relieve pain.
What is the active ingredient in SportVisTM?
- SportVisTM contains SOFT TISSUE ADAPTED BIOCOMPATIBLE HYALURONIC ACID (STABHATM), a biocompatible form of the sodium hyaluronate naturally present in the soft tissue surrounding damaged tendons and ligaments.
How many injections of SportVisTM will I need?
- Both sprained ankle and tennis elbow injuries require two injections of SportVisTM.
What grades of ankle sprain can I use SportVisTM for?
- SportVisTM can be used to treat a Grade 1 or 2 ankle sprain.
Is there a time constraint on when SportVisTM can be used to treat tennis elbow?
- SportVisTM can be used to treat chronic tennis elbow, meaning that it has lasted more than 3 months.
Where can I get SportVisTM?
- Click here to use our clinic locator to find a SportVisTM-trained specialist near you.